Sunday, November 20, 2005

Daddy's Girl


You came to my heart 6 years ago as a teenage girl frightened of the new environment. I understand, relocating from the comforts in Ipoh to live in a new environment in Subang Jaya is a difficult thing for a teenage girl. I understand your fears, and I understand your anxieties. I tried to make you feel comfortable and to adjust to the new surroundings and to feel at home. I accepted you as my god-daughter.

You have shared with me your hopes and aspirations. I see in you a determined person wanting to achieve success. I am confident, you shall be a successful woman in your own right in times to come. Over the years, I watched you grow, you have bloomed from an insecured teenager to a confident young woman. God has been very kind to me, he has given me the opportunity to experience father – daughter relationship.

When you went through failed relationships, I seen in you your hidden teary eyes. I shared your pain in silence. When you are out there having late nights funs or gathering with friends, I have sleepless night worried about your safety. When your body language radiates joys, I am in happy moods. When you are sad, I felt restless….. But no matter what, you have enriched my life, you have brought joys and laughters to this house, your smiles are my brightest sunshines, and you are always my lovely daughter.

At times, you may think that I am grumpy, “outdated”, “old fashioned”, too authoritative, or makes life difficult for you. But I want you know, It is just my way of conditioning you to be strong, and teaching you to differentiate what is Right and Wrong. And most important of all, I want you to develop into an adult with confident, pride, self esteem, love, and compassion.

I like to share this poem ( I can not remember the author’s name) with you :
Today you become our daughter
Our family is now complete.
God blessed us with your angel eyes
And your dancing, busy feet!
Together forever, our lives intertwined
This we do solemnly vow.
What pride we feel, as our joy we share
You're our daughter now!


So, in your eyes, am I your “Daddy” or am I your “Kai Yeh”?

No comments: