Sunday, September 21, 2008

I am staring at death........

My maker, The Almighty, in his most unkind act, gave me the death sentence this week. Is the Almighty up there all knowing, all loving, and all merciful ? Why is this unkind act bestowed on me ? I trembled at his forceful announcement, I was lost for words, and my whole world went into unimaginable blankness of total despair. Cancer is a disease that I most feared, and yet it does not discriminate me !

It is indeed scary to know that, I am dying...................

How many more breaths I am away from that finality of life ? The question is, is there an eternity at the end of it all ? Or was it Hell shall by my final resting place ? I know, after all, we are all sinner, and the wages of sin is death. In this regard, I submit to this all loving Almighty's punishment. But in the mean time, I shall do all that is medically possible to convince this Almighty being to commune my death sentence to life sentence. In all frankness, death is scary and I am afraid of death.

I am not yet ready to enter the so called eternal life to be with the Almighty. Please, there are still so many earthly pleasures I have yet to explore, and I am not ready yet to be set free from this sinful earth. I pray to him to let me be me, and let me pace this journey of life in what it should have been.

I am comforted by the fact that, when I informed my family about my medical condition, all my family members and friends rally to support me. I know, I am not fighting this battle alone. For better or for worst, I will pursue all medical options to give my best fight to overcome this dreadful disease. I will and determined to fight this disease with all my emotional, physical, and financial resources.

Will I win this battle ? Times will tell................................. In the mean time, do pray for me.........

Om Namo Amithaba Buddha.

13 comments:

KS Cheah said...

Brother, let us go to war together. We will win this one.

imantulen said...

i shall pray for you....

much metta & karuna,
purefaith

Bennyloh said...

Believe me God wants you to be well,
your body is where God dwells; and God doesn't want to live in a broken -down house.God repairs for sure

Anonymous said...

Lord, I pray that You would help my brother to truly see that his body is Your dwelling place.Give him motivation and endurance let no evil comes near him....
Kiat, my job is to pray but it's GOD's job to answer.Trust HIM to do HIS job. Take k..

Anonymous said...

Uncle Loh, keeping you in my prayers.

Good luck with the battle ahead.

Rowena

Anonymous said...

Regarding this cancer matter
You'll get all-better
in the mean time be stronger

KEep your faith strong!

Sean Lon

Anonymous said...

Si Chik don't be so sad! I believe Jesus wants to heal u if u allow Him to..pls pray Dear Jesus, I know that I am a sinner and I come before u wanting to accept u as my Lord and Saviour, pls heal me Jesus, you are my healer and my salvation!I thank u so much for this great life that u have given me! In Jesus name Amen. Acts 10:38- "how God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Spirit and with power, who went about doing good and healing all who were oppresed by the devil, for God was with Him. Meditate & internalize this verse in ur heart everyday! Do not fear b'coz Fear stands for False Evidence Appearing Real! I'm sure you'll recover in no time at all. I'l pray for speedy recovery. At the same time u just live life like there's no end to it, live it to the fullest u can!
Dear Jesus,
I commit my uncle into your hands once again Lord, I pray that you will forgive him if he has done anything wrong, I pray that you will restore him and give him good health once again Lord, pls! & seal him with your blood. I pray for your protection over his life Lord. In Jesus most mighty name Amen. Pls hear our prayers.

Jen-Li

Jelineloh said...

1peter2:24-who Himself bore our sins in His own body on the tree, that we, having died to sins, might live for righteousness-by whose stripes you were healed. Amen.
meditate on this verse as well..have faith..

Rough Riders Golf Malaysia said...

Bro,

All the best and I believe you will win this battle!!

Anonymous said...

Dear Loh

We have last met in the Tiger town. Memories of the past thirty years has gone by.

It s in your body not your mind. You need lots of will power to fight the battle. There is still hope of success.

Anonymous said...

Dear Dalai Baru,

My family prayers for your long live & also do not give up at time of duress. God willing with his mercyful blessings, you will come strong & well soon.

Your ardent fan,
Selvam,JB

Anonymous said...

Dear Dalai Baru,

May Mercyful God bless you with HIS power & give you strength to fight strong & overcome it soon with your full confidence & will power

Selvam JB

Anonymous said...

I am with you all the way brother. I shall indeed pray that you get the strength to go through this experience with equanimity and courage. One way of looking at it is that some of your sankaras are getting exhausted. Yours in Dhamma.