Friday, September 08, 2006

A Father's Hope.......























My son,
life is full of roses around you.
Roses come in varied colours, smells, and sizes,
but I can not tell you which rose to pluck.
But be aware,
the wrong roses can lead you to thorny roads ahead......

There will be many crossroads in your life,
I hope I will always be there to give you advises,
but you have to own the responsibilities to make decisions.
I can not walk the roads for you.......

I have walked my paths with my own experiences.
I can only tell you my life experiences,
I can not make you walk my path.
And I can not create experiences for you.
You have to adapt and learn the realities of life,
and walk out from pitfalls to be a better man......

I believe in the Almighty.
I can go on and on to tell you about religion.
But I can not make you a believer,
and which religious path you should lead.
I know, God in his miraculous way,
will find the right path for you.....

I can give you good education,
a good home, and a comfortable lifestyle.
But I can not make you a learned man,
a good man, a family man, and a charitable person.
It is my sincere hope that,
these moral foundation I built within you,
can leads you to be a man of moral and principle.

I can instil in you
integrity, honesty, responsibility, and accountability.
But I can not built reputation for you.
You are your own man, your words, deeds, and actions
shall establish your standings in society.

The roads ahead are full of uncertainties and surprises
I can teach you about patient, perseverance, and humility,
But I can not live these life's rough patches for you.
You will have to develop your inner strength
to sail through life voyages....

Son, I have brought you to this life,
with your youth,
your wings are stronger than mine now.
Your time has come,
please fly and taste the spice of life.
But wherever you go,
please remember this old man rooted here.
Whenever you need the comfort of home,
I will always be here for you.
24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and whole year round.
I will never rest, I will always be here for you.
Because,
you are, and will always be on my mind............

Son, for whatever paths you take,
it is my sincere hope that,
you shall achieve success in your own way.
I shall always pray that,
the Almighty grants you a life
of good health, happiness, prosperities,
and a life of no regret..........

1 comment:

Soul_Voice said...

Your children are not your children.
They are the sons and daughters of Life's longing for itself.
They come through you but not from you,
And though they are with you yet they belong not to you.

You may give them your love but not your thoughts,
For they have their own thoughts.
You may house their bodies but not their souls,
For their souls dwell in the house of tomorrow,
which you cannot visit, not even in your dreams.
You may strive to be like them,
but seek not to make them like you.
For life goes not backward nor tarries with yesterday.

You are the bows from which your children
as living arrows are sent forth.
The archer sees the mark upon the path of the infinite,
and He bends you with His might
that His arrows may go swift and far.
Let our bending in the archer's hand be for gladness;
For even as He loves the arrow that flies,
so He loves also the bow that is stable.

*Kahlil Gilbran*

Friend, he will find his path someday.
With blessings to your son's journey in life.