Sunday, August 24, 2008

Son of Hamas leader, becomes a Christian

Mosab Hassan Yousef, 30, said that his decision to abandon his original faith and denounce his father's organisation had exposed his family to persecution in his home town of Ramallah and endangered his own life.

"I'm not afraid of them, especially as I know that I'm doing the right thing, and I don't see them as my enemies," he said. "I do think about this a lot. But what are they going to do? Are they going to kill me?

"If they want to kill me, let them do it. I'm not going to stop anyone. It's going to be my freedom.

"My soul's going to be free of my body, not flesh any more."

Read further HERE


Hmmm... sometimes I do wonder what are the attractions of Christianity. Increasingly, there are many people converting to Christianity from other faiths. In fact, more than half of my family members have converted to Christianity. But as a Buddhist Taoist, my religion indoctrinate me to be open minded to respect and accept the rights of individual to embrace and practice whatever religions they choose. I don't know, maybe I will become a Christian in the future. I leave it to faith to decide my spiritual destiny. The door of Buddhism is always open for those who are fated to be a Buddhist, likewise, the same door is also always open for those Buddhist who decide to leave.......

I do hope Mosab Hassan Yousef finds peace in his new religion..........

Namo Amithaba Jesus !!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The attraction is money, opening doors for scholarships, internships, visits overseas, etc. I am a Hindu and have Christian and Muslim relatives. I know what is the attraction!

dano said...

http://digg.com/world_news/Hamas_Christian_convert