Wednesday, December 28, 2011

To live a fearful life or find ways to overcome it for a better and happier life - the choice is yours. ( By Irene on 28/12/11)


Life is a like stage. Everyone wore a mask playing different role. At times, I am so tire of wearing the mask that I ask myself - what I want in my life? Am I living it for myself or am I living it for others. Do I have a choice. Definitely, I have all the rights.

Living these life, I would said that I always faced with lots of negatives.Thus,  it gives me a lot of stress that I have to cope. Most of the time, I am very fearful and worry with the uncertainties. I wish I can have the  magic wand to make it just disappear. But, no matter what, I have to face it all alone. Do not know how ! But, I guess I would have to do it better with an open and clear mind. Take a deep breath... and keep reminding myself - you can do it, you can do it without much hassle. Why worry and be fearful?
When I was in my mid 20's, I started my family - myself, Ck ( my late husband) and my son, Ivan. When CK got his first job, he always tell  me that he is fearful of loosing his job. Thus, we always try our utmost best to do our job well just to make our ends meet. With our prudence in money management and hard work over the years, we managed to have the little success and comfortable lifestyle. Living in KL 's city can indirectly gives us a lot of unnecessary stress and pressure. Lot of  things could  go out of hands if we did not manage it well. In reality, sometime it is not how hard you work that guarantee success in life. We need to have a bit of  lady luck or whatever you call it that make things easier. At times, I always challenge myself to push harder. Tell myself what I want to be in 10 years, 20 years or 30 or 40 years.... from now. These has indirectly created uncalled for “ fear” in myself. I fear of not able to have the achievement, not able to please others, not able to stand out, not able to have lots of money, not able to look get into my boss's , my parent's or parent in law or sister in law's good book, not able to have the confidence to do whatever things, fear of dying, getting old and not healthy ...... and the list just go on. I tell myself. What am I living for? To live with so much fear until  I can't sleep at nite. Sometime, my eyes just star at the ceiling. Why I have so much fear...
A few days ago, I went to the Home for the Handicap, retarded and overgrown kids with my sister and friends. I enjoyed and cherished the time spend there. Holding their hands, laugh , dance, eat, sing together with them. The word fear has never come into my mind.  It was just so wonderful and such a memorable Christmas that I had ever spend. Live with no fear. I guess this will be the luxury feeling from within. Something that you have to experience it.
From the trip, I learned to give more love and share it with the needy. Lead a simple and meaningful life without all the “ fear”  Start  charity by contributing  $$ ( if you can afford) and if not your spare time and effort would mean so much to them. Check it out at  Home of the handicap in Klang ( Mr. Morgan 012 3915893) or No. 4 Lrg Bunga Raya Kg. Raja Uda 42000 Port Klang Selangor. or www.ppkkck.org.  

Live without “fear” - I came across these in a Buddhism's book . Practice it - To lead you to the path of a peaceful and happy life.




No comments: