Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Tears for fears.......

"He knows nothing and he thinks he knows everything. That points clearly to a political career. (Sir Walter Besant)“ and "In politics stupidity is not a handicap. (Napolean Bonaparte) “

I was not born yesterday, and I kid you not. In 2004, I believed and got carried away with the euphoria of “Cemerlang, Gemilang, Terbilang” (Excellence, Glory, Distinction). I was also seduced by the grandiose romanticism of “Work with me, Not for me” charms. Boy oh boy, I was indeed got carried away !

4 years of my precious youth has gone by, was I Cermerlanged, Gemilanged, and Terbilanged ? Your guess is as good as mine. Like they said, I learned my lesson, the rest is history. Not wanting to be ungrateful to the “I had been working very hard” people, but, the four years of CGT experience is like a real scary ghost story. They politicized their unaudited achievements, but I don't see or feel anything positive ! SO are tens of thousands of people who participated in the BERSIH and HINDRAF rallies.

I honestly do not think I am better off than 4 years ago. At least, 4 years ago, I have high hope of the future. But now, looking ahead, I think the next four years is going to be riddled with migraines. Petrol price is higher, electricity rate gone higher, telephone charges are higher, toll rates are higher, etc. Maybe, the politics of “Cermerlang, Gemilang, and Terbilang” is too complicated for a simple peasant like me to comprehend. Or am I supposed to live like a pervert with the oxy-moronic philosophy of “That which doesn’t kill you only makes you stronger”. Thank you so much for putting me through such a wonderful and erotic journey of self deprivation of hardships.

From 2004 fast forwarded to the present, big banner of SECURITY, PEACE, PROSPERITY ( translated Keselamatan, Keamanan, Kemakmuran ) greeted me at strategic locations near my place of residence.. Another euphoric slogan to make me feel good ? Funny thing is, KKK does remind me of the white supremacists' organization in the United States of America. From CGT to KKK ? This sounds even more scarier than the previous ghost stories. Looking back CGT sounds like everything except the original meanings of the words. And, in my right mind, would I want to bet my hope on KKK for the next 4 to 5 years ?

I believe them not ? Honestly, I am constantly being reminded by the saying "The politician is an acrobat; he keeps his balance by doing the opposite of what he says." Whatever they are going to say from now on, I will have to take it with a few kilograms of polluted salts from the Straits of Malacca.

Give me not the longest bridge, tallest building, or fly me into the outer space. Give me not so many corridors where I have to wonder in the maze to seek a living. All I ever want is decent foods on the table, decent costs of living, decent clothes to keep me warm, decent space to differ in opinions, decent comfort to not unduly worry about the future, and of course, the decent respect for the sacredness of FREEDOM and EQUALITY.

From now till March 8, 2008, I am sure a lot of empty promises will be made. A lot of faked smiles will be flashed. And, there will be a lot of despot wanting to build bridges even when there are no rivers. What had we got ourselves into ? Would I still be succumbing to the fear of "When the Colosseum falls, Rome will fall. And when Rome falls,the world will end." ? God be my witness, I shall not waste my vote again ! Not this time. Maybe with tears in our eyes, and fears in our hearts, we should all join hands to sing together :


Everybody Wants To Rule The World

Welcome to your life
There's no turning back
Even while sleep
We will find you
Acting on your best behaviour
Turn your back on mother nature
Everybody wants to rule the world

It's my own design
It's my own remorse
Help me to decide
Help make the most
Of freedom and of pleasure
Nothing ever lasts forever
Everybody wants to rule the world

There's a room where the light won't find you
Holding hands while the walls come tumbling down
When they do I'll be right behind you

So glad we've almost made it
So sad they had to fade it
Everybody wants to rule the world
I can't stand this indecision
Married with a lack of vision
Everybody wants to rule the world
Say that you'll never never never never need it
One headline why believe it ?
Everybody wants to rule the world

All for freedom and for pleasure
Nothing ever lasts forever
Everybody wants to rule the world

No comments: