Monday, October 01, 2007

A dizzy sunday...

Sunday, as usual, is an uneventful day of my life. I started the morning with Bak-Kut-Teh ( Pork stewed in Herbal Soup ). Bought take-away breakfast for my son, and came back home to do some light house chores to keep the home tidy and habitable. As for lunch, I had porridge with stewed duck, fried groundnuts, and deep fried ikan billis.

I felt a bit uncomfortable towards later part of the afternoon, took a nab in an attempt to calm down the sudden bout of palpitations. I did manage to dozed off for the nab, wake up an hour or so later, probably due to some minor stomach discomfort. So, I got up to have a glass of water to quench my thirst, proceeded to the bathroom to conduct my guerilla warfare.

I walked into the bathroom feeling a bit drowsy and dizzy, probable due to the effect of earlier bouts of palpitations. When I was sitting on the toilet bowl, the strange thing is, I got disoriented, thinking that I am in the driver seat of my car ! As a creature of habit, I thought I started the ignition, and instantaneously tried to reach for the car safety belt. After a few attempts failing to locate the seat belt, I got frustrated. I got out and tried to get out of the “Car”. I fell on the floor with my leg caught in my dropped pants. Ahhh... lucky I did not hit my head, and I suddenly became aware and back to reality that I am still in bathroom trying conduct an unfinished business. Hmmm... growing old does have its fair share of senility.

Well, what can I say ? Life, sometimes, is a parallel illusions of what seemingly real and yet realistically unreal. Whatever it is, life does go on......

No comments: