Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Life's reflections...

Sometimes, I do wonder, whether there is a higher being up there dictating our state of being and the path we take. Looking back, I survived two major life threatening disasters. The road I took has been less travelled by many. This course of direction, was it my unconscious respond to these disasters, or was it my humanistic journey driven by by natural state of being ?

In September 1983, I was supposed to leave Canada's beautiful autumn on Korean Air Lines Flight 007 to come back to Malaysia. My girl friend, who is now my wife, persuaded me to stay back for another week to do some sight seeing in Toronto. I changed my ticket reservation to Singapore Air lines. I was momentarily shocked to learn later that Flight 007 was shot down by the Russian military. All 200 over passengers and crew will killed. I survived because I was not on the flight.

In the evening of July 31 1988, I was supposed to be travelling from Taiping to Penang Island using the ferry terminal. This has been my habitual weekly weekend travel back to Penang Island so that I can start work on the following monday. On that evening, I decided to give a ride to my wife to Ipoh, stay overnight there, and travelled back to Penang in early Monday morning. That out of norm decision has temporary diverted my course. On the evening of July 31st 1988, the ferry bridge collapsed, killing many people and injured thousands. I survived because I was not at the place.

Escaped death two times ? How lucky can a man be ? Whatever it is, the secret law of attractions is on my side. I will continued to be lucky......

In l993, at the peak of my career, I suffered severe work related stress. I quit my job, rested for about a month, and started a hobby business, and subsequently went into IT and Real Estate business. I survive the stress and made my money, because I choose to walk out from it and have the courage to take the road less travelled.

During the previous 15 years in running my own business, I encountered many betrayals and setbacks. But immediately after every crisis, my business improved tremendously. My business survived because, somehow, my natural instincts dictated that I confront the situations and toughened myself to remove parasitic elements from my business ventures.

Looking back, I survived many life threatening situations, and I also encountered many challenges that threatened my livelihood. I am in fact living on borrowed times. But life as it is, is a many splendor things. It treats me well, it grants me with abundances. In a way, I count my blessing for being lucky all the times. The only thing left for me to do is, come what may, make the best of today and move forward.

Whatever it is and whatever it may, my passion to confront challenges will never die inside me as long as I still have my last breath. I will never be a prisoner of pessimism and self destructive mentality, it is my destiny to be the conqueror of challenges and adversity. Throw me any challenge, I know, I shall rise above the challenge, overcome the adversity, and I shall always prevail.

Om Mani Pedme hum...........................

1 comment:

Jenz Iggo said...

Hi DalaiBaru,
Stumbled upon this post and I think it makes you more aware and lively after 'escaped' death twice. And somehow it is a reminder that you are still here on earth to serve a bigger purpose, which is not complete yet.

And I think you already going to that path! Good luck!