Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Of dreams and realities....

Today is not really a good day mentally and physically. I woke up feeling a bit cloggy due to disturbed sleep caused by some minor gum infections. I had been having this problem over the previous few days. I decided to skip office, go to visit the dentist, and after that, work from home. No big issue, this is the internet age, with CDMA phone, mobile phone, broadband internet connection, PDA, and notebook, I can work from anywhere without any loss of productivity. But for today, I think it is advisable for me to do my work in a more relax manner,

The dentist gave me a prescription of antibiotic, anti-swelling, and pain killer medications. Another appointment was made to visit the dentist a week later for follow-up. After taking the medications, I felt sleepy and dozed off to sleep. Like Martin Luther King said, “I had a dream”, but I had a different type of dream.

In my dream, I saw the big fat Buddha sitting in meditation posture smiling at me, he points his finger to a tree beside the rivers against the backdrop of rising sun in the eastern skies. My vision was directed to the tree. It is a beautiful tree with beautiful flowers and fruits. I saw a bird happily chirping the nicest lullaby while pecking at the sweet fruits. It was a serene, scenic, and beautiful sight. I can even smell the fresh fragrance air ! This bird of paradise showing me how to be merry and enjoying the life as it is ? The eternal snapshot of dreamy illusion radiates such a wonderful feelings of peace and calmness within me – life is indeed full of beauty. How I wish this dream can go on a little bit longer........

I woke up later feeling much more relaxed and energized. Such a beautiful dream. But I do wonder, in my awaken state, whether I am Buddha dreaming of a man having a dream in his sleep watching the little bird pecking and enjoying the fruits, or am I the bird dreaming of Buddha practicing Vipassana meditation and a man having dream in his sleep. Or in reality, am I still in my dream or awaken in another dimension ?

Aiyayahhhhhh... the medication is playing tricks in my mind...... Namo Amithaba Buddha.

No comments: