Tuesday, November 06, 2007

A bracelet that improves blood flow and strength ?

I had personally being invited by well intended friends over the previous few years to tried out and buy “magical bracelet”. The bracelet is supposed to improve my strength when I wear it. To convince me, they asked me to hold my thumb and first finger into an “O” shape, then they will to show me how easy for them to break the “o” Shape. They will then asked me to put on the bracelet, and repeat the demonstration again to show me how difficult it is for them to break the “o” shape after I put on the bracelet.

Well, it does impressed me initially how this little bracelet can do wonder to improve my strength. But as a logical man, I just don't buy the idea of a little piece of bracelet can improve my overall physical wellbeing. Moreover, these bracelets don't come cheap. Sometimes, I do wonder why some people are so gullible to believe in this unscientific hocus pocus.

It is interesting to read an article in Mainichi news where a company president and six others of Sankyo Corporation were arrested by Chiba Prefecture Police on suspicion of selling expensive bracelets with the claim that the bracelet can improve blood flow.

According to the police, the suspects sold more than 2.45 billion yen of bracelets to more than 8000 people since 2004. “....They allegedly took blood samples from customers before and after they wore the bracelets and showed them the results of "tests" through a microscope. By pushing down on a glass plate that held the "after" sample, they made it appear as if there was more space between blood cells, to give the impression that the person's blood was flowing more smoothly...

What next ? A magnetized ring that allow you to have longer erections ? A carbonized shoes that makes you run faster ? A wonder bra that prevent breasts sagging ? Well, human minds have thousand and one ingenuities and new products to make you part with your hard earned money.

So, next time, when some well intended people approach you to buy a magical bracelet, a mattress charged with negative ions, a water dispenser that remove “all impurities” from the water, or some funny mythical gadget, please hold tight to your money.

The best way to have a healthy body is to eat a balance diet and adopt a healthy life style.

No comments: