Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Perception of honour, honesty, and loyalty

I received a call from my one of my ex staff early this morning. When my hand phone's caller identification displayed his name, I was hesitating whether to answer his call, because I sincerely do not want to waste my time talking to people I do wish to have association with. Anyway, what the heck, let bygone be bygone. So, I answered the call.

To cut the story short, my ex staff enquired whether there is still any vacancy in my office, and he is interested to rejoin the company. He told me that he doesn't like his present working environment, felt discriminated, as well as not comfortable with the present management having too many hanky panky dealing with customers' purchasers. To convince me, he is also willing to bring over the company's customers' information to my company. Over the telephone conversation, which last more than 15 minutes, he was trying very hard to impress upon me his honesty, loyalty, and willingness to work hard, to contribute to the company.

I did remember, prior to this ex-staff leaving my company, he made a very unreasonable request asking me to terminate one of my existing staff because he find it uncomfortable working with personnel of a particular race and religion. I can accept and consider the reason of professional conduct and performance, but I will never tolerate racist demand. So, in no uncertain word, I asked him to apologize for his racially motivated intolerance and ignorance. At the same time, I do not know why, but I started to developed a disliking for him and monitor his performance in every minute details. Needless to say, after more than a month, he found alternative employment and submitted his resignation which I accepted and wished him well.

There is a Chinese saying that "A good horse will never turn back to eat the same patch of grass". And here, I have a scavenger almost begging with tail between his leg wanting to come back to the same spot to look for the same patch of grass he once despised. No way I am going to create a entry sign for him to come into my office again. Never. Call me revengeful or whatever you want. But honestly, I am not a revengeful person with negative energies. My basic principle in life is simple, I will not knowingly allow a person to contaminate the habitat which he is incapable to respect. My world would be much more productive and peaceful without all those scavengers littering nonsenses in my work space.

I cut short the telephone conversation by telling him that I will call him back when there is vacancy. Back in my mind, I was thinking, it would be indecent to let this disgusting scavenger coming back to my office again. How can I respect a person who is incapable to respect others ? How can a person be honorable and loyal when he is unable to honour the company, his colleagues, and profession conducts ? How can I trust a person when he is capable to solicit benefits by disclosing his present company's confidential information ? Call him back ? I don't think I will do that ? I think I have better things to do than inviting for troubles by "Chok chong yap see fatt ( stuffing worm into the rear orifice ) " ?

Well, this world is full of deceiveful people, but life is a funny wheel of conservation of energies - what goes around comes around. It is a sunny day today, life will find its balance and equilibrium, life goes on.......

No comments: