Thursday, December 01, 2005

As I look back (2)

December month is the most dreadful month of the year ! Business is slow ! Sign of bad times ahead ? No. It has been like this for the past 10 years. On the cheerful side, it give me lot of times to let my mind wonders around….

I remembered, many years ago, probably 15 years ago. I was promoted to become a Sales Manager for an IT company. The Company decided to hire a young Junior Secretary for me….

On the first few weeks, she was very diligent in screening all incoming calls before transferring the calls to me. However, after the first few weeks, one day, I notice the incoming telephone calls was left unattended. At the same time, I presumed she was busy typing documents…. So, I picked up the calls personally. However, after probably more than 10 calls during the day, the curiosity got the better of me. I walked out from my room, and asked her in a very stern manner “ Why are you not picking the calls ?”

Guess what, she replied “ Boss, all the calls are for you ! Why can’t you pick it up yourself ? “

Life sometimes can be humorous if you look at slightly different perspective. Hmmm…. I think I need a coffee break now.

No comments: