Sunday, December 11, 2005

Coming Home.....


Time flies…..

While doing some mental preparations to mark my father death anniversary. I realized I have not been keeping in touch with my younger sister for quite sometime. The last time I met her and her husband was more than 10 years ago. My son was probably 9 – 10 years old then. Now my son is approaching 20 years old. It was just like yesterday. Time does flies and it indeed just slip through the passage of life just like that ! Ten years ago, my son was just a little boy. Now, he is a young man. Ten years later, I probably will be a grandfather.

I search through my backup files for my younger sister’s email address and found it. Send a short email to her with the hope that she has not changed her email address. Local time here was around 1:00AM in the morning. I was so happy that within 10 minutes my brother-in-law reply my mail and followed by my sister few hours later. I read the emails a few times to make sure I understand the contents and don’t miss any words. I am glad both of them are doing ok in United States. I hope God will continue to bless them with good health and happiness.

I guess it is part and parcel of life where family members parted way in search of better life. In our busy schedule of daily routines, we conveniently de-prioritized the needs to keep in touch. Technologies ( email, web cam, skype, etc. ) has make it easier for people to communicate with each other from various part of the world. But technology has also make us strangers to each other. I do sincerely hope to see my younger sister again in the immediate near future. I definitely do not wish to wait ‘til I am a grandfather.

Hal & Gaik Sim, if you read this… See the Chinese character in the above picture ? That is our family name. I believe it is time now for you to come back to Malaysia for a visit. You still have nine brothers and sisters, 15 nieces and nephews, 7 brother/sister-in-laws, and many cousins in Malaysia. You are always welcome to stay in my house.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

http://www.bennyloh.com/copyright/hallewis.jpg
A much-treasured picture of Hal & Gaik that I sourced from the internet some 3 years ago