Monday, August 27, 2007

Once a cuckold flew over the rest.........

A Romanian man, Florin Radu Hretu, 27, informed his boss that his mother passed away, seeked unscheduled leave and an advance to prepare for his mother's funeral. But the amusing part is, his “dead mother” turned up at the office minutes later. Florin was sacked and asked to immediately pay back the advances. He was also investigated by police for fraud. Florin defended his action by saying that someone called him to informed about his mother's death, but was unable to disclose the name of the person who called him !

This does sound familiar to me. In my experiences dealing with some subordinates, I do came across many instances of dishonest subordinates justifying their leaves with various unbelievable reasons. Personal issues and unethical behaviors seemed to override professional commitment for unscheduled absences poor work ethics. Death of family members is one of the all time favorites by junior subordinates. For example, looking through some past records, some subordinates seemed to think that miraculous repeated deaths of a particular family member is a legitimate reason. Perhaps, that particular family member passed away and repeatedly reincarnated back to the same family. I also came across subordinates applying for medical leave but end up miraculously healthy working part time for competitor. I guess laziness, greed, and lack of ethical upbringings do occasionally breed stupidity in the work place. Perhaps, I am being insensitive by treating these non sensical work ethics as laughs. Sometimes, it is indeed fun watching parasitic cuckolds slithering pretentiously trying their level best to demonstrate their loyalty and supposedly hardworking natures. I personally do not think it is worth the while wasting time and materials to motivate subordinates with poor work habits to discard their never ending affinity for absenteeism and poor work ethics. Why should they be given additional rewards to do the job they are supposed to do in the first place. How I wish these parasites can just pack their bags, resign, and peddle their work ethics else where ! But seriously, how do you deal with these parasitic cuckolds ? Honestly, I do not have any effective answers. My only hope is, these cuckolds can eventually wake up to the realizations to appreciate accountability, responsibility, and professional ethics.

Malaysia is now in a very competitive world market. As a nation, our survivor depends on speed and quality of delivery of our products and services in the world's market. In another word, our productivity must be at all time high to secure successes. Poor work habits, unscheduled absences, and the entitlement mentality for more leaves basically increased the costs of doing business and make the nation less competitive. I do sincerely hope the Ministry of Manpower can take a more proactive stand to educate the Malaysian work force to have better work ethics and professionalism to ensure the relevancy of our competitiveness in the world's market.

In view of the coming 50th Merdeka Celebration, to all those employee with habitual unscheduled absences, I had this to say to you, taking time off to wave the nation's flag is no doubt a patriotic act. But is it patriotic to habitually absence from work with thousand and one reasons ? Unscheduled absenteeism is an act of sabotaging the nation's economy and an act of treason against the country. No offense intended, but this is basically a well intended opinion of my oxymoronic observations.

Ahhh... I think I am going to have a slight headache. I will go on my entitled medical leave tomorrow. Or perhaps, maybe I should take a day off tomorrow to go to Petaling Street to buy some Malaysia flag for the purpose of displaying it on Merdeka Day. Come to think of it, maybe, I should take a day off tomorrow because I need to................ what the heck, I will come up with a good reason tomorrow.

No comments: