Sunday, January 20, 2008

Take my hands, precious lord....

I saw on CNN the previous evening an inspiring story of Dr Martin Luther King and his mission of civil rights moment to fight for equality for the blacks in America. For his efforts to end segregation and racial discrimination through non violent civil disobedience, King was awarded the Nobel Peace Prize. He was assassinated at the age of 39 on April 4, 1968 in Memphis, Tennessee, but his legacy of championing human rights, fairness, equality, and justice for all lives on.

For biography of MLK, read HERE. Also, read "I've been to the Mountaintop", a speech by MLK a day before he was assssinated.

I took a short nab just now, and in my dreamy semi consciousness, I did indeed HAVE A DREAM ! I dreamt I was on a navy ship sailing somewhere in the planet of the apes, and a bunch of scary creatures looking like monkeys riding speed boats toward me and started to shout “I am cummmmmmmmmmming to you… You will explode in a few minutes...........”

Ahhh.... I digressed again ? But monkeys riding speed boats and speaking in English language ?

Oooooooo......., Blardy orgasmic ! Take My Hands, Precious Lord !

No comments: