Saturday, July 15, 2006

Positive Living or To Live ?

Life is a predictable short journey,
there is a beginning and definitely there is an end.
How long is this journey of life ?
40 years : 60 years ? 80 years ? 100 years ?
or does it really matter how long we live ?
At times, I do wonder what is the purpose of life ?
No matter how hard we learn, and how well we travelled,
life is always a lesson imperfectly learned.
no matter how hard we keep ourself healthy,
death is always a certainty.


This game of life,
is it a game of mind over matter ?
if you don't mind, then it really doesn't matter ?
Truth is, life is a finite game.
There are always no winners,
at the end of the game, we always end of dead !


I can't change this certainty of death.
I was told, there is life after death.
Am I sure ? I do not really know.
But why worried about the unknown ?


But
While I am still alive,
I might as well make life easier for me.


If I suffer defeat today,
I shall held my head high, and set my eyes straight.
I shall accept defeat and look forward to tomorrow.
because I know, failure will not last forever.......


If I achieve success today,
I shall take life at a slower pace,
relax and enjoy the fruits of my labour at leisure pace.
because I know, success will not last forever......


If I have difficulty in making payment to the bank,
why should I carry unnecessary worries ?
let the banks do the worry of recovering their debts!


If I am wronged,
Why should I carry the burden of hatreds ?
It is the responsibility of the wrongdoer to carry the burden of their guilts.
I shall decide the timing of my reciprocal actions.


In living,
why should I worry about death ?
Isn't that God's domain ?


As long as my candle still kindles in the winds,
I will make an effort to see more sunrises,
I will definitely love to see more sunsets.
I will pick more flowers for my wife.
I will definitely enjoy the company of my children.


With my friends,
I shall enjoy our sentimental recollections of the past,
and take time to appreciate the sincere warm feelings of the present.


In solitude,
I shall enjoy sipping my favorite black coffee.
I shall enjoy puffing my favorite cigarette.
I shall take time to read to enrich my wisdom.
I shall take time to pray to devote my commitment to the Almighty.


Because, when life is over,
I know for sure,
I will not have the opportunity to re-live life again.
But I have a choice to live a meaningful life.
If i can not add additional years in my remaining life,
I might as well add more life in my remaining years.
I might as well enjoy every step and every leap in this journey of life.


and
life does goes on..........

3 comments:

Soul_Voice said...

Ai.....I am speechless. This has to be one of my favourites.
My belief of what life is all about. I had my share of being thrown into the dark to find my way out.
About time to digest what I just read, with coffee and cigarettes of course.
May my fat Buddha always smile on you too.

Soul_Voice said...

Ai.....I am speechless. This has to be one of my favourites.
My belief of what life is all about. I had my share of being thrown into the dark to find my way out.
About time to digest what I just read, with coffee and cigarettes of course.
May my fat Buddha always smile on you too.

Irene Poh said...

“We live in illusion and the appearance of things. There is a reality. We are that reality. When you understand this, you see that you are nothing, and being nothing, you are everything. That is all.” - Kalu Rinpoche