Saturday, July 15, 2006

Positive Living or To Live ?

Life is a predictable short journey,
there is a beginning and definitely there is an end.
How long is this journey of life ?
40 years : 60 years ? 80 years ? 100 years ?
or does it really matter how long we live ?
At times, I do wonder what is the purpose of life ?
No matter how hard we learn, and how well we travelled,
life is always a lesson imperfectly learned.
no matter how hard we keep ourself healthy,
death is always a certainty.


This game of life,
is it a game of mind over matter ?
if you don't mind, then it really doesn't matter ?
Truth is, life is a finite game.
There are always no winners,
at the end of the game, we always end of dead !


I can't change this certainty of death.
I was told, there is life after death.
Am I sure ? I do not really know.
But why worried about the unknown ?


But
While I am still alive,
I might as well make life easier for me.


If I suffer defeat today,
I shall held my head high, and set my eyes straight.
I shall accept defeat and look forward to tomorrow.
because I know, failure will not last forever.......


If I achieve success today,
I shall take life at a slower pace,
relax and enjoy the fruits of my labour at leisure pace.
because I know, success will not last forever......


If I have difficulty in making payment to the bank,
why should I carry unnecessary worries ?
let the banks do the worry of recovering their debts!


If I am wronged,
Why should I carry the burden of hatreds ?
It is the responsibility of the wrongdoer to carry the burden of their guilts.
I shall decide the timing of my reciprocal actions.


In living,
why should I worry about death ?
Isn't that God's domain ?


As long as my candle still kindles in the winds,
I will make an effort to see more sunrises,
I will definitely love to see more sunsets.
I will pick more flowers for my wife.
I will definitely enjoy the company of my children.


With my friends,
I shall enjoy our sentimental recollections of the past,
and take time to appreciate the sincere warm feelings of the present.


In solitude,
I shall enjoy sipping my favorite black coffee.
I shall enjoy puffing my favorite cigarette.
I shall take time to read to enrich my wisdom.
I shall take time to pray to devote my commitment to the Almighty.


Because, when life is over,
I know for sure,
I will not have the opportunity to re-live life again.
But I have a choice to live a meaningful life.
If i can not add additional years in my remaining life,
I might as well add more life in my remaining years.
I might as well enjoy every step and every leap in this journey of life.


and
life does goes on..........

3 comments:

Soul_Voice said...

Ai.....I am speechless. This has to be one of my favourites.
My belief of what life is all about. I had my share of being thrown into the dark to find my way out.
About time to digest what I just read, with coffee and cigarettes of course.
May my fat Buddha always smile on you too.

Soul_Voice said...

Ai.....I am speechless. This has to be one of my favourites.
My belief of what life is all about. I had my share of being thrown into the dark to find my way out.
About time to digest what I just read, with coffee and cigarettes of course.
May my fat Buddha always smile on you too.

BlackCoffee said...

“We live in illusion and the appearance of things. There is a reality. We are that reality. When you understand this, you see that you are nothing, and being nothing, you are everything. That is all.” - Kalu Rinpoche