Sunday, March 30, 2008

Cheng Beng ( qingming )


清明
清明時節雨紛紛
路上行人欲斷魂
借問酒家何處有
牧童遙指杏花村

This morning, I performed my annual visit to my parents' grave in Fairy Park, Klang. Both my parents passed away in 1994. It seemed like only in yesterday I was hit with extreme emotional challenge over the death of both my parents within a short span of one month. Time flies, it has been 14 years. Well, if there is indeed life after death, I do sincerely hope both of them are now living happily ever after in the beautiful gardens of God.

I remembered, during those days in 1994, Fairy Park was a relatively new private managed memorial burial grounds. During those days, if I remembered it correctly, a plot of “double holes” land with construction of tombstone costs approximately RM 28,000. To live is difficult, but to die is an expensive affair ! There were many vacant burial plots available back then. But now, almost all the plots are occupied. The park now also house a crematorium, a section catering to the Christians, and is also well landscaped and maintained.

To my parents, May both of you rest in peace..... Namo Amithaba Buddha

No comments: