Thursday, January 08, 2009

A blessed journey ?

It seemed, I had my fair share of “near to death” experiences. Am I really destined to to have the privilege to stare at death at its edge and escape its inevitable. I escaped twice, but now I am back to square one again fighting for my life. Perhaps, the Almighty always has its sense of humor in illustrating the fragility of life.

Well, I could run away from the physical beings such as a robber or murderers. I could also run away from fatal mishaps or accidents by being more careful. But if the enemy is within you, something that grows from your within, something that instigate your cells to mutate to slowly steal the sands from your hourglass, how do you fight the odds ? Will I be lucky again this time around ? I don't know. I leave it to fate and the Almighty to decide my expiry date. If I overstayed my welcome in this humanistic journey, by all means, let the phrase ring out loud and clear - "In the sweat of thy face shalt thou eat bread, till thou return unto the ground; for out of it wast thou taken: for dust thou art, and unto dust shalt thou return.". I have lived a meaningful life, and I shall have no regret to return to the garden of the Almighty.

Come to think of it, if death is not part of human journey, would we still treat life as precious and valuable ? Would we become the lower species in the animal kingdom where our daily existence is to kill and be kill in our continue saga of survival ? But we are human being. We are, as usual, naively optimistic in our quest to understand the physic of immortality and the geometry of eternity to justify our stupidity in our never ending quest to glorify our existence. Maybe we should go back to basic to live a simpler life and have more faith in the Almighty. Perhaps then, our life will be happier and more meaningful.

While we accept the fact that life is journey where death is a certainty. But, it is the uncertainty of the hour and day of death that frighten and torment us. The mind is a dangerous playground ! Sometimes, I do wonder and do my wanderings in this playground juggling my hopes, despairs, and fears to make sense of my being. Well, what else can I say ? I am, after all, a deluded soul still indulging in mental masturbation to seek enlightenment and a purpose in life.

Behold the birds of the heaven, that they sow not, neither do they reap, nor gather into barns; and your heavenly Father feedeth them. Are not ye of much more value then they? “ ( Matthew 6:26) Well, whatever it is, why worry about life and death ? Carp Diem, let's live one day at a time, the rest, the Almighty will take care for us........

Praise the Lord.....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Brother,

A well written piece about the blessed journey home. However, do keep your faith in the Lord. He will bless you and continue to guard you and take care of you and your family as you continue to strengthen your faith in HIM.

I believe your journey ahead is your role as a beacon to continue to inspire others facing similar situations.

In the physical world, the viruses and germs may attack us, but in the spiritual world of faith and belief, the Lord intervenes with miracles to save us from the dangerous and threatening circumstances.

So brother, start your day being positive about all things and people around and better things and miracles will start to occur in your life.

God Bless.