Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Of social rights and moral wrongs......

I received a spammed SMS from unknown source in my hand phone this morning. The text of the message read

"METRO KAJANG MNGHINA UMAT ISLAM.... untuk maklumat Lanjut, sila layan web rasmi Persatuan xxxxxxx.org.my. Tolong hebahkan"

Translated, the text is as follows :

"METRO KAJANG INSULTED MUSLIM.... for further information, please surf the official website of xxxxxxx.org.my . Please spread this message"

I browsed the website, and noticed a Metro Kajang's Vacancy Advertisement pasted in the website. One of the job requirements in the advertisement offensively stated that "Muslim Need Not Apply". I am not sure whether the advertisement is a fake or real one. But, personally speaking, I think it is highly racist and inappropriate to have this kind of employment policy based on religious inclinations. In the past, I also see a lot of other advertisements stating racial preferences. For example, "ONLY BUMIPUTRA ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY", "FOR BUMIPUTRA ONLY", etc. Malaysia, Malaysia.... what had became us ?

Somehow, all of us have very perverted and misplaced mentalities. We do not feel offended or insulted when we discriminate other group of people. Some of us even have the indecency to think that it is our rights to intrude into the rights of others. But, when we are discriminated, we felt very offended and seek attention from the whole world. Or perhaps, when we discriminate others, it is socially right. And, when others discriminated against us, they are morally wrong ? I shake my head......

These are acts of stupidities and ignorances. Looking back, I guess these socially immoral discriminations based on religion and racial inclinations have been perpetuated for too long, far too long. And, we had became the most shameless pariahs in the world. Do I care who get discriminated ? Honestly, I don't farking care anymore. You want to critisize me for my indifferences ? Come on, give me a break, please take a look at yourselves in the mirrors !

It doesn't really matter who is the pot or who is the kettle, as far as I am concerned, both are sickeningly black and dirtied. It doesn't matter where you go, morons are all the same ! and some educated morons have evolved into bigger oxymorons........

No comments: