Sunday, October 05, 2008

As I look back.....

Over the previous weeks, I had been reflecting and looking back at life. What do I really understand about life ? Honestly, what have I really achieved in life thus far ? What have I accomplished for my family and loved ones ? The funny thing is, the more I probed myself with questions, the more insignificant I felt. Life is, after all, a lesson imperfectly learned. It is basically a passage of times, where I am merely an insignificant electron zig-zagging across the the wide cosmic universe seeking guidance from an elusive higher being for a purpose of my existence.

I wrote the following in 2006, I am posting it again to reflect my mood this Sunday morning :



Life
is like a game of cards,
one by one,
the card is opened by unseen hand.

Although my heart
is filled with love for you,
but soon the rhythms must halt.
I must whisper a quiet goodbye,
and journey to the promised land.

Looking back,
I’ve tried my best,
to provide the comforts and love.
Honestly,
I have unselfishly tried my very best.

I leave behind my love,
please keep it
in a little corner of your hearts,
and cherish it among yourselves................

Do not weep at my graveside,
do not bring me flowers.
I can no longer feel
with my eyes closed,
and my soul in eternal rest.
Just pray to GOD
that he will guide me to the promised land,
where I can be together again with my beloved parents.

Thank you for everything.
Although Life is
a difficult lesson imperfectly learned,
But I have lived a meaningful life.
A life of no regrets!

I pray that God grants you the strengths,
to continue living
with honesty, generosity, & love.
And to live a meaningful life,
and a life of no regrets.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OUR FATHER GOD IN HEAVEN, HALLOWED BE THY NAME, YOUR KINGDOM COME, YOUR WILL BE DONE ON EARTH AND ALSO IN HEAVEN,FORGIVE US ,GOD,OUR TRESPASSES AS WE FORGIVE OTHERS. SAVED US FROM TIME OF TRIAL AND DELIVER US FROM THE EVIL ONE , FOR YOURS IS THE KINGDOM NOW AND FOREVER . AMEN.
GOD THRU JESUS WILL HEAL YOU.