Monday, April 13, 2009

Breathing your way to Good Health

As a cancer patient, I was recommended by the doctor to take up Qi Qong to complement my existing treatment regime. According to the good doctor, Qi Qong can enhance the oxygen intakes into the body to improve blood circulation to fight cancer and therefore improve my chances of recovery. I search through the net to look for a Qi Qong centre in Subang Jaya / USJ, and found the Chi Dynamics website.

Chi Dynamics is founded by Grandmaster Anthony Wee, and currently has centers in Australia, Singapore, Indonesia, United Kingdom, Thailand, and Malaysia. Chi Dynamics is a non political, non religious, and a non profit organization that promotes community health. In Subang Jaya and USJ area, there are three centers for Chi Dynamics. These centres are run by dedicated volunteers. The three centers are :

1. Goodyear Court 9, USJ Subang Perdana
2. Open Field near Keranji Apartment SS19/3
3. Lick Hung (C) Primary School. Jln. SS19/6

Do you know, breathing is an art ? I learned that, a normal breathing is not sufficient to pump in enough oxygen to nourish the body. At Chi Dynamics, they taught me 5 methods of Qi Breathings - Fu, Chui, Tu, Pi, Xi. These Block Breathings coupled with the developed exercise movements also enhance the general health of the 5 body internal organs ( Lungs, Heart, Liver and Spleen, Intestines/colons, Kidneys ). Another emphasis of Chi Dynamics is the destressing and detoxification exercises such as simulation of lymphatic drainage and lymphatic stretch. In addition, at Chi Dynamics, they also teach you how to tap the energy of the earth and Sun to activate the Qi within your body to stimulate the internal organs and promote general wellness.

For further information on training schedule and accessibility, you can contact Puan Khadijah HP: 019-3278092 or Mr. Eric Thean HP: 012-2633484. Or alternatively, you can send an email to me, I will try my best to acquire and forward to you whatever information that is available.

All the instructors at the centers are volunteers. To participate in the Chi Dynamics' exercise, you need to join the association as a member first with a small prescribed annual subscription fee or life membership fee. As a cancer patient, they waived my subscription fee.

My encounters with Chi Dynamics is still at the beginner's stage, and I had been participating in the group exercise every Saturday for slightly more than 2 months now. I was taught on the techniques of “Block Breathing” and “Qi Meditation”, I thoroughly enjoy these gracious exercise, and benefited from it in the form of mental alertness, reduced pains ( probably the Block Breathing techniques triggered the released of endorphins to counter the pains), and general confident in regaining my health. My objective in participating in Chi Dynamics is, hopefully, by gaining more knowledge in diaphramatic breathing and Qi Meditation, I can gain control over my physical and emotional states to activate self healing and self empowerment mechanism within me to counter cancer cells, enhancing my endocrine system, reducing body acidity by reducing stress, and to enhanced my overall immune system.


Although I am only involved in Chi Dynamics for slightly more than 2 months, but I felt very positive about its potential health benefits. I believed, Chi Dynamics can complement my existing treatment regime to help me to fight cancer by empowering me to achieve healthy mind and healthy body to trigger spontaneous self healing. For those of you who felt generally stressed, weaked, or in need of some regular exercise to enhance the general well being of mind and body, why not give Chi Dynamics a try ?

Now, here are some latest information from Chi Dynamics :

In conjuction with the opening ceremony of Chi Dynamics' main training centre, Grandmaster Anthony Wee will be conducting the following activities for the benefit of members and the public. Venue : 5-7-5 Block D5, Pusat Perdagangan Dana 1, Jalan PJU 1A/46, PJU1A, Petaling Jaya.

(1) ACU-CUPPING ( for Members and public)
Friday 1st May 2009 10:00AM – 12:00noon and 2:00OM – 4:30PM
Saturday 2nd May 2009 10:00AM – 12:00noon
Fees by donation only

(2) “Activate The Healer Within” ( for members only)
Saturday 2nd May 2009 02:00PM – 04:30PM
Fees RM 50

(3) “Cancer Care Workshop”
For cancer patients, care giers, pubic, and members. Limited to 30 participants only
Sunday 3rd May 2009 02:00PM to 05:00PM
Fees by donation only

1 comment:

felicakes said...

Dearest Uncle,

I agree that breathing is an art. I have been doing Yoga for a while now and the first thing that they teach you is the art of breathing.

They also teach you how to breath properly and concentrate on your breathing. It has worked wonders for me because I have sinus problems. Now I do not have them anymore. :*)

Hope you are keeping well.

love,

Felicia.