Monday, April 27, 2009

Day 2 at Aenon....

I did not have a good night sleep yesterday. As a matter of fact, I always have problem sleeping during the first night in a new environment. So, it is not a major issue for me to miss some good sleeps under new environemnt. Hopefully, tonight, I can have a good restful sleep.

I woke up today at 6:00AM in the morning. First thing I do is to take my daily dosage of Tarceva. At around seven, I was given a glass of Aloe Vera juice and a small glass of psyllium husks. My breakfast for today is a big glass of Apple & Guava juice. After breakfast, I did some light stretching and breathing exercise, followed by a brisk walk around the health farm.

As for lunch, I had a big glass of beetroot and carrot juices. And Dinner is not so exciting either, all I have for dinner is a glass of Apple and Guava juice. The funny thing is, I don't really feel hungry at all. Probably I am already used to taking mixed fruits and vegetable juices as full meals. Anyway, today is my second day of fasting........

After lunch, I went through the treatment of “Fever Bath”, where I was put into a bath tub with hot water to raise my body temperature to approximately 40 deg C. The objective is to create an artificial fever to stimulate my white blood cells to enhance my immune system. After the “treatment”, I went into my room to rest and to calm down my irregular heartbeats. In the evening before bed time, I also went through half an hour of infra red treatment to reduce my back pains, and “Charcoal” treatment to sooth the discomforts at my pancreas.

Today, I did learn a number of things. I learned how to make vegetarian Thosai pancake, Chutney , and vadei. Not bad for an ignoramus MCP trying his hand at the kitchen to learn how to cook ! I also attended a presentation on “Juicing” and Nutritions. Hopefully, the fruits juicing can equip me with better nutritional knowledge to help me to fight my battle against cancer.

On proper nutritions, I was told that the best way to stay healthy is to commit to vegetarian diets, because the bible said that "Behold I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat." ( GENESIS 1:29 ) I also learned that, pork and all value added products related to pork are bad for health. The scripture also mentioned that “And the swine, though he divide the hoof, and be cloven footed, yet he cheweth not the cud; he is unclean to you”. “Of their flesh shall ye not eat, and their carcass shall ye not touch, they are unclean to you.” [Leviticus 11:7-8] So, from today onward, bye bye Bak Kut the, Bacon, and Ham,.......

Now, How about sea foods, I was told it is healthy to eat sea foods of any kinds except those without Fins and Scales. The book of Leviticus stated that “But all in the seas or in the rivers that do not have fins and scales, all that move in the water or any living thing which is in the water, they are an abomination to you.” So, from now on, no Abalone dishes, Shark fin Soup, Crabs, etc.....

I went through the second without any boredom, in fact, it is a fruitful day today ! Praise the Lord....

1 comment:

felicakes said...

It's good to hear that you are doing well.

I don't know if I am able to give up Pork....hmmm...