Thursday, January 25, 2007

Mobile Phone Causing Cancer ?

Mobile phone's users beware !!!

UK's Telegraph reported that, "A large-scale study found that those who had regularly used mobiles for longer than 10 years were almost 40 per cent more likely to develop nervous system tumours called gliomas near to where they hold their phones." "The new research, to be published later this year in the International Journal of Cancer, is the second study to suggest increased risks of specific types of brain tumours in regions close to where mobile phone emissions enter the head." "However when they looked only at people who had used a mobile for 10 years or more, they found that they were 39 per cent more likely than average to get a glioma on the side of their head where they held their handset."

My personal experience is, if I leave my hand phone next to my bedside, I tend to encounter disturbed sleep or wake up the next morning a very tired man. Nowadays, in order not to challenge the law of possibilities, I leave my hand phone in another room and surprisingly, I actually have good sleep.

Talking on mobile phone can cause brain cancer ? I swear I will never talk to another person again !!!

Going by the logic of the research result, If I leave my hand phone on in my shirt's pocket, would I run a risk of developing a new form "breast" cancer 10 years down the road ? If I keep my hand phone in my trouser's pocket, would I also run the risk of developing cancer in my penis and testicles ? I guess it is about time now to shut off my hand phone and keep it a safe distant away from me. Better safe than be sorry later.

Come to think of it, in our over indulgence in modern lifestyles, there are already too many Radio Frequencies and Microwave frequencies zigzagging around us, and hunting us down like precision laser guided missiles. Looking at the DiGi's recent advertisement campaign of "I'll folloooooooww youuuuuuuu........", it gave me the impression that, there are simply just Nowhere to Run from these poisonous frequencies. We are cooked !

A life without hand phone ? God, grants me the courage to throw away my hand phone ! I shake my head, I shake my head........ Namo Amithaba Buddha ?

No comments: