Wednesday, July 04, 2007

A long lost friend

I was surprised to receive a call on my mobile phone today. The voice over the other side sounded familiar. It was from a long lost friend that I last met 20 years ago. God is indeed graceful to bless me the opportunity to reconnect with old friends from the past.

Looking back, I do felt sad to lose friends as I grow older and grumpier. How many close friends do I actually have ? I guess it is only a small number, and sadly, the number continues to decline as we pursue our own paths in life. Sometimes I do wondered what happened to so-and-so, and regretted losing touch with some of them.

Rajis, thank you so much for making the effort to contact me. I still remember your father, Mr Muthusamy. He taught me how to develop photographs, took me on cycling trips to Lumut, and taught me how to cook eggs in big Onion. He also taught me scouting skills. Your dad was such a nice and wonderful person, always cheerful and patient to teach. Some of the best time of my life were moulded by your father.

As a teenager back then, we did had over carefree good times and I remember fragment of memories of how we spent our times together. I guess we are all now like a salmon on reversed journey, my memories has began to slowly failed me, sooner or later the past memories will be reduced to faded photograhs and words on pages. I don't quite remeber how I lost contact with most of my childhood friends, too many years and too many friends have been lost. But whatever it is, and honestly, I am thrilled and it is a good feeling to know that you are still around. I look forward to meet up with you again and pick up our friendship again right where we left off....

No comments: