Sunday, July 01, 2007

Taiping - a fragment of memories

I was in Taiping recently and spotted this "tricycle" parked in front of a local hotel. Taiping is still a sentimental town in my heart. Every time I visited Taiping, there are always fragments of memories rekindled. I remembered, when I was a teenager around the age of 12 to 15 years old, I used to push this type of "tricycle" along the main road to deliver vegetables to various restaurants in Taiping. The local town council consider this type of tricycle as commercial vehicle, you need to pay annual "road tax" to the local town council. In return, the local town council will issue you a circular metal plate license to be displayed on the tricycle. otherwise you risked your tricycle being confiscated by the enforcement officers. !!!!


No comments: