Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Reflections of life.....

It's lunch time again.... I am skipping lunch today because I don't feel like eating. I might as well write something for relaxations......

I came from a family no different from the rest. My father was a perfect husband and father, he worked tirelessly running a small vegetable selling business to raise a big family. And my mother was a perfect housewife and mother, she stayed at home to take care of the family. Me and my siblings, although we share the same background, but take on the different roads in life.

As we grow up and started to have family of our own and managing the pressures that come with it, our priorities changed and we begin to drift apart. We hardly have time for each other. Sometimes, I do felt guilty for not spending more times with my siblings. Along the way, that "apartness" to a certain extend eroded the siblings' relationship. Sadly, the relationships do turn from close to cordial, and occasionally turned into distrust and angers due to various miscommunications. But I guess this is part and parcel of life, and the Almighty's sadistic test of putting human being to manage the moment of truth. I am not blaming God, but merely frustrated with lack of control of my oxymoronic approach of life.

About a month ago, a day before her arrival, my older brother broke the news to me that my younger sister is coming back for holiday. That night, I could hardly sleep to contain my excitements. I had not seen my younger sister for more than 10 years. I knew she is no longer the little teenager I used to know. I knew my younger sister has always been a fiercely independent and determined person. In my heart, she is always a wonderful person with so many beautiful qualities. I do hope she managed her life well and came back a happy woman, and I do pray to the Almighty that her husband treat her well and help her to adapt to the foreign land. Of course, I am also keen to know about pieces of her life during the past decade.

I maybe fluent in tapping the keyboard to express my thoughts, but when come to verbal expressions, I am just naturally not inclined to be vocal or expressive. Couple with the fact that, I am overloaded with managing cash flow commitments in my office and my wife was not in the best of health, I found myself in a situation of not paying more attention to her. She stayed for 10 days, and I spend less than 10 hours with her ! I do felt ashame for not spending more time with her to listen to life's story and to understand her a little bit more. She had travelled hours from one part of the world to be home, and yet I had the wrong obsessive priority of dealing with my personal problem first at the expense of family commitment. I am indeed a failure in managing family relationship !

Dear sister, sorry for my misplaced priority. My sincere apology. Next time when you come back again, I will make it up to you. I promise I will put aside everything............

May God grace you and your husband with good health and happiness. Om Mani Padme Hum.

No comments: