Sunday, December 30, 2007

Happy New Year 2008 ?

One more day, 2007 will lapsed into history as a year that was.

A few days ago, I thought 2007 will end in a happy note. But sad to accept the reality that a popular nationalist in Pakistan has been brutally assassinated. In Iraq, people from different sects of the same religion are still throwing bombs at each other to gain publicity of their insane causes. In many countries, tyrannies and dictatorships has been arrogantly and immorally imposed to cause hardships and sufferings to peaceful and defenseless people. There are also many countries where the administration and the so called majority live in sinful and decadence culture where discrimination and racism became a way of life.

Putting aside all those mixture of happy and sad happenings in our habitat in 2007. We still have to hold on to our optimism for better outlook in 2008. The days approaching the brand new years of 2008 are good times for all of us to renew friendships and wish everyone a "Happy new Year". New year is a time for all of us to party, celebrate, and set new resolutions for the next 12 months. New year is also a time for us to have the courage to forgive, forget, and move on with our life.

Beyond this perceived happiness and optimism, I do have my fair share of occasional phobia and anxiety of welcoming another new year ! As much as I claimed to be spiritually enlightened, I am, after all, a mortal being trapped in a bio-degradable and degenerative body. There are still so many things to do and so much unaccomplished. We may had gained more wisdom and accomplished many things during the year that was. But, as we grow older, would we still have the vigors and passions to gain more knowledge and accomplishing more objectives ?

As I grow older, rather than looking forward to planting more milestones to achieve, I know, the milestones will get lesser, and I will eventually look backward to sentimentally reminiscing the good old days of my childhood and youth. In other words, I am just like a salmon now on reverse journey to find its final resting place. As the years gone by, would I still be able to hold on to my fading memories of my youth ?

I know, eventually, all things must come to an end. The funny God up there or somewhere had dictated that we are all sinners, and the wages of sins is death. Would death be a painful exit into eternity or an orgasmic escape into promised paradise ? We will never know, because those who experienced death never came back to tell their tales. Be that as it may, I do wish the next 12 months of the new year will be more memorable and joyous than the previous 12 months.

Deep down in me, I always have this uneasiness and fear of growing older as the new year approach. My grip on my reservoir of youthful energies are steadily and slowly loosening. I am, after all, not getting any younger, and I will never be forever young. Every new year, a marking is cast in my biological clock denoting that I am one year closer in my illusively unmeasurable finite journey from cradle to grave.

Whatever it may, life goes on. For that, I wish you all a Happy New Year 2008 !!!! Good NiteZzzzzz.................

No comments: