Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Man, by nature, sexually incomprehensible ?

The other day, in a conversation regarding men, my wife jokingly made a comment that “ping chek mau ng sek yee ?”. Literally translated “Which cat refuse to eat fish ?” Her comment is in reference to man’s tendency to stray “sexually”. I guess in the eyes of women, men have been stereotyped to be of roving eyes and can not resist the temptations of beautiful women. Is that so ? I don’t know her insinuations. Maybe she is giving the hint that, even if I strayed, it is expected, because I am a man. So, is that the indirect green light for me to start sowing my wild seeds. And, if that happened, I should be forgiven because, after all, I am a man too weak to resist temptations ?

Not to long ago, I was having lunch in a restaurant, and overheard two well dressed middle age women’s conversations. Not that I intentionally eavesdropping into other people conversations, but I was unknowingly attracted to the two women’s topic of discussions about the men in their life. The first woman commented that, she made sure her husband is satisfied sexually every night. Her intention is to made her husband tired out so that he do not have the energy to get involve with other women. The other woman commented that, it doesn’t matter how tired a man is, as long as he can still stand up and walks on his two feet, he can still go out and fool around with other women that crossed his path.

Are men that hopelessly undernourished sexually to the extend that they will go after any attractive opposite sex that came along ? I am still struggling to compute this myth about men’s misplaced sexual energies. Why are there so much misconceptions by women with regards to the so called men lacked of self control for craving of conjugal sex ?

I don’t know about other men. In my younger days, I am indeed unnecessarily attracted to the “scent of women” to the extend that I do have crazy unrealized fantasies. But that was then. At my age now, coupled with work pressures and family commitments, I do occasionally felt that sex had became a chore. It has nothing to do with my hormonal level. After a hard day work, given the choice, I would rather have a cup of hot aromatic coffee, read a good book or watch a good video to relax my mind, sex is the last thing that cropped up in my mind. Having said that, I am not saying that I am no longer interested in sex. Of course, without doubt, a long stretch without sex will definitely drove me to crankiness. A good session of sex will definitely put some grins and smiles on my face and make my next day so much pleasurable. All I am saying is, sex is no longer a top priority chore for me, and I will definitely not wanting to waste my energies hunting around for different partner to have sex.

Like most men at my age, I accept the fact that I am no longer in the prime of my youth. I am following the natural order of mental evolution to move on and preoccupied my mind with other priorities of life. It is simply not a question of losing sex drive or declining libidos, but rather to respond and adapt to changing needs as we grow older to foster stronger and more fulfilling relationship with my chosen soul mate in particular, and to provide for the family in general. Honestly speaking, I am no longer concern with how many times a man must have sex in a week or months. I was told that, most women tends to have higher sexual drives than men, so in the process, they created the frequency quota on man which gave rise to unnecessary expectation and pressure to their partners. So when the man under perform sexually under pressure, the woman will start suspecting her partner depositing his wild seeds elsewhere or had been strayed.

So I guess it is a misconception and myth to state that men, by nature are sexually insatiated, easily strayed, lustful, or addicted to sex. Believe me, men by nature are not addicted to sex. They had seen it all, and they will definitely not wantonly jumping into bed with any woman that spread her legs. All men enjoy quality, not quantity, of sex. I am not so sure about all the women in this department. But one thing for sure, men are more reserved when come to sexual partners, they would very much prefer to involve in quality sex with their own soul mates.

So, “ping chek mau ng sek yee” ? Without doubt, all cat love to eat fish. But with regards to men, they are less adventurous, they preferred the same type of fish. Because, men do worry about getting choked with fish bones in their throats, or eating fishes contaminated with E Coli, if they devour unfamiliar fishes ! So to all women out there, don’t worry too much about your men savoring other fishes elsewhere. Just make sure the fish at home is healthy, clean, properly deboned, well cooked, came with occasional surprises, served with occasional pleasing presentations, and made sure the fish is tender and juicy. Meow…. Meow…….

No comments: