Saturday, September 15, 2007

Saturday's reflections

I remembered, my father used to tell me that, at the age 20's you have to looked handsome, at the age of 30's, you have to be strong and healthy, at the age of 40's, you have to established your financial wealths, at the age of 50's you must have wisdom, at the age of 60's and beyond, you must acquired spirituality to live the remaining life fruitfully. Now, if you missed those milestones, you can forget about life ! Is life that simple ?

Looking back, the journey of life is like ball rolling along an infinite possibilities. Since childhood, we had been to many places that shaped our outlook and our expectation. But, at the end of the day, the rolling ball has to stop, and there shall be transformation of energies from one state to another. When would that day be ? W do not know, man proposes, but God disposes.

I seeked not a life of luxuries and perfections, and I seeked not fame or popularity, all I ever want is, a contented life of practicalities and adaptabilities. I also believe, in respecting others, I learned of self respect. In appreciating others, I learned my self worth. In reciprocating intentions, I learned self defense. In loving others, I learned to love myself. I seeked not to interfere in other people's life styles, but I expect others not to intrude into mine. I will not initiate ill intents on others, but I will not take it lightly if others have ill intentions on me. I have this simple reciprocating principle of 英雄绝不先犯人,若有来犯绝不放. 人心换人心,八两换半斤. These are my basic philosophy of life.

While I do not have control on the certainty of life span, I believe I do have control over the journey to that finite destination of so called God's paradise. Consciously or unconsciously, I am the author of my fate and destiny. This journey of life, whether it is eventful, dull, exciting, sad, happy, etc., it actually depend on how I scripted it to be. It all depends on how I react to my surroundings, making adaptive changes, and learn from the experiences. I do made occasional mistakes in life, but I shall pick up the pieces and move on with life. I do want to live a life respectful to the environment, earn a living through honest career, be mindful of the friends I have, and be generous to people who helped me along life's journey.

There are times Life accords me unfairness and bitterness, but I am also blessed to be able to recover from life's adversaries, learned to adapt, and overcame the adversaries. In going through life adversaries, I am enlightened to appreciate the values of life enriched with experiences and knowledges. I will try my best forgive and forget the wrongs that had been done on me, I know, to hate or to let bad experiences linger on will be, an unnecessarily anxiety, that serve no benefits to me. Between anxieties and happiness, I would prefer the seed of happiness to germinate in my mind and hearts.

I do have my occasional unhappy and sad moments, I will try my best not display my unhappy emotions to others. It is easy to express my sad or unhappy emotions through my facials expressions, or verbal communications to others. But I will not be that selfish to burden others into sharing my state of unhappiness. I am what I am, a man enlightened with capabilities to resolve my emotional states of affairs.

All of us want to be happy in life. But, what is happiness ? I realized, happiness is also a state of mind, it has nothing to do with financial wealth, age, or where we live. To realized happiness, I do not need to work like a dog to raise my financial wealth, all I need to do is to lower my expectation, be contented with what I already have, live life as it is, and not to unduly worry too much about the future.

This journey of life, I have encountered various difficulties and obstacles, and I believed, there will be more to come. For better or for worst, life must go on. To move on, I will have even greater passions to look life straight into the eyes, and have greater determinations to confront and overcome. I may grow old and my body functions may degenerates, but my passions and philosophy of life shall be forever young to set a good example to my children to cherish and scale greater heights in their lives.

Life goes on............

No comments: