Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Life as it is.....

Looking back, through the grace of God, my life is indeed blessed and scripted on a simple plot. I had an interesting childhood, a challenging teenage years, and a comfortable life as an adult. What next ? Well, I would like to take life as it is now and adapt to it come what may. In simple words, I would like to look at the qualitative aspect of life rather than the quantitative duration. Of course, if I can live a bit longer to enjoy the god life, then that will be a bonus.

My late father used to tell me that life is what you made it to be. How you going to live your life, it has nothing to do with faith or the determination of God. Faith and God only determine when you will be born and when you will die. In between, the process of getting from birth to death is up to you to fill the empty spaces with experiences of the five senses. Some choose to enrich the process, but some choose to make life difficult for others in the hope that their misdeeds on others will make life easy for them.

I do believe in God. Since I have better working knowledge in English language as compared to other languages, I tend to look at religious teaching with references to Christianity. Since I am an Asian, I choose to tuned my life philosophy more towards Buddhism. At the moment, I do sincerely believe that Christianity and Buddhism are mutually compatible in integrating religious values and our earthly philosophy of life. In another words, I would like to walk the middle path in completing my remaining process of living my earth life. I despised religious extremism, intolerance, and fanaticism. One thing for sure, I will never degrade or destroy fellow human being's life under any circumstances. I will stand up to any intentional or unintentional misinterpretations of "God's words" by anyone to imposed and transgressed their own religious values on others. "Thou shall not Kill" is a universal teaching of all religions. I subscribed to this sacred command, therefore, forgive me if I show disrespect and contempt to human beings who conduct senseless murders and killings in the name of God.

I would definitely look forward to live my life to the fullest. I shall live my life ethically with due considerations to the well beings of my habitats and the people around me. I also sincerely believe in allowing myself to "enjoy or experimenting" with non conformities that are not harmful to my body and to other people. I believe, this is basic human rights. However, I will continue to criticize racisms and discriminations in any form. I do sincerely believe, racisms and discriminations, be it positive, negative, or defined in any political correct definitions are morally and religiously incorrect and unacceptable. "All human beings are born equal and must be equally treated with dignity", this is another universal values of all religions and ethical values. Therefore, with due respect to all, I honestly believe that, only misguided and immoral people with wrong religious teachings are capable of infringing and demanding their rights to degrade the rights of others. It is not up to me to judge the rights, morality, and righteousness of others. But I do sincerely believe, when those rights, morality, and righteousness as practiced by others become incompatible to my values, and attempted to be imposed on my daily life, it is an irritant. Therefore, it is my rights to comment in any form and at any avenue that is appropriate to me.

Heaven is on earth ! I would like to live a luxurious life free from the encumbrances of other people's non compatible values and moralities. What is right for me may not be right for others, likewise, the reverse is applicable. In terms of religion, as much as I believe in the existence of a God and higher being, I will accord my respect to those who believe in other Gods and those do not believe in God. It is immaterial whether a person has different religion or no religion, as long as he lives an ethical life, he is entitled to live a "heavenly" life on earth. He is also entitled to go to heaven with all the promised goodies after his shelf life is expired on earth. If a confessed murderer or sinner is promised heaven in their next life, why can't this absurdity be accorded to an ethical but non religious person ? Religion should be perceived as an alternative mean to better life, not an end to a life of rigid conformities.

The bottom line is, I would like to live each day and savour all the goods and bads without intimidations of imposition and intrusions of others' incompatible values. I would also love to cherish each moment as it is and as it come, and say whatever that I sincerely felt is not right without fear. At the end of the day, I would like to believe, I have lived a life of no regret, because I am answerable to myself, my loved ones, my friends, and my God.

and Life goes on......... May the Buddha, the Dhamma, and the Sangha support my efforts to live an enlightened life of no regret.

( Note : Sincerely, no insensitivity is intended by this posting to any "religiously" inclined people or religions. And, hopefully, today is not a day of any religious significant that may rendered this posting to be religiously offensive and insensitive. If you felt offended by this posting, please take your nasi lemak's apology and grievance seeking elsewhere !!! )

No comments: