Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Of reason and faith......

During the past 2 days, my visuals has been flooded with news of the senseless killings of 32 people at Virginia Tech by a lone gunman. The gunman, Cho Seung hui, a 23 years old final year English major student at the same University, later committed suicide. To make thing worst, CNN has been repeatedly flashing the news throughout the day, which made me emotionally nauseated and traumatized.

Looking at the picture of Cho Seung Hui, he looks like an average innocent young man to me. But what driven him to commit this senseless carnage ? I guess only God knows. As an average human being, we each have our own personality, trying to reach out to others and within, to understand and make sense of this irrational world of faith in God and reason of happenings. But is there really a God out there ? I am beginning to have diminished faith in GOD. If God is all that almighty, loving, forgiving, and merciful, why can't HE stop all this senseless killings, massacres, and carnages around the world.

Honestly, I am now having a very disturbed mind...... Is humanity on fires ????/

I guess we will never understand the REASON why a disturbed mind like Cho was driven into cold blooded murdering of 32 innocent people in that prestigious and sacred institution of higher learning. Death has become him, I hope he find peace in death. The Virginia Tech's incident is not an isolated case, erriely similar carnages had happened many times in the past in various places of the world. I guess, no matter how prepared we are, we will never be able to rid ourselves of these dangers lurking around in all the unlikely places. Do we pray to God for protection from these type of future dangers ? Honestly, I doubt, even if there is a GOD, HE will not be in a position to offer us that assurance of security. Of course, through prayers we can derived HOPE, but between life and death situations, honestly, can HOPE get us out of danger safely ?

The more I understand religion, the less faith I have in GOD. As a logical man, I dealt with REASON. But can REASON justifies Faith ? Can Faith be derived from REASON ? I don't really know. All I can say at this moment in time is, I have seen many, perhaps countless carnages and murders are driven by blind faith in religions. Whatever it is, I am still hopelessly believed in the higher spiritual being. God, by this honorable name I called you, please don't turn your back on humanity now !

I have digressed. I guess I am emotionally and mentally lost trying to make sense of this senseless massacre. To all the victims in Virginia Tech., with sorrows and tears in heart, my deepest heartfelt condolences. May GOD bless their souls. To all of those directly and indirectly affected by this incident, may you find strengths and greater awareness in humanity.

God be with ye. Good Nite.

No comments: