Monday, December 25, 2006

Remembering the man.

"Daddy, is Ah Kong dead ?"
Such a innocent question from my son.
But he knew the finality of his grandpa's life.
He was eight years old then.

"Will Ah Kong ever come back again ?"
Although he knew,
his had lost his grandfather forever.
He asked anyway, hoping for miracles.

I told him
his grandpa is in heaven now,
with his grandma
enjoying the beautiful garden of God,
where there are no illness and sufferings.


"Daddy, I am very sad.
I wanted to cry but no tears !"
I looked at his brave face, and said
"Then put up a brave smile.
Boys are not supposed to cry.
Be happy,
because your grandpa is now in heaven."
"But Daddy, I can't !"

"Let me show you how to smile."
I showed him how I would smile.
It was the saddest smile of my life...

No comments: